KABR Annual Conference:
Elevate Your Retail Game
Kansas Association of Beverage Retailers – P.O. Box 3842, Topeka, KS 66604
Friday and Saturday
October 4-5, 2019 - Wichita, KS
Contact DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wichita Airport for KABR room block 316-945-5272
Friday – October 4
5 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Opening Night Reception with Legislators and Retailers - Control Tower Suite Kansas independent retailers must engage with state policymakers and industry members to succeed. Dress is business casual or casual. Heavy hors d'oeuvres and beverages.
7:00 p.m. Hospitality - Control Tower Suite
Saturday – October 5
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Registration & Seminars - Registration Hallway near Consulate II-III
9:00 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. Retailer Education Seminar: - Certified retailer and employee education. Seminar educates licensees and clerks to prevent underage and other illegal sales - and teaches you to find answers to your day to day questions. - Consulate II-III
11:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. Professional Education: Hiring and Retaining a Strong Team Tools for retailers, industry members and managers - Anne Obarski, CPBA, Merchandise Concepts - Consulate II-III
11:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Vendor Exhibits and Silent Auction (Setup 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.) Exhibits in hallway. Silent Auction in Consulate II-III.
12:00 - 1:15 p.m. Legislators Luncheon - Annual Roundtable with State Legislators This annual luncheon is one of the most important opportunities of the year to educate elected officials who control the regulation of the liquor industry. - Consulate I
1:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. - Consulate II-III
- ABC Forum: Kansas Industry Report - Debbi Beavers, Director, Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control What you need to know about new rules and regulations for retailers. Opportunity for Q & A with the state licensing agency for liquor retailers. - Consulate II-III
- Professional education: Elevate your Retail Game to Compete in the Big Box World - Anne Obarski, CPBA, Merchandise Concepts
- Digital Marketing and Data Driven Product Strategies - Emily Newton, Director of Retail Partnerships, 3x3 Insights
- Hosting a Tasting for your Customers - with actual product tasting...
- Goals of Liquor Dealers (GOLD) Strategy Meeting: Retailers make decisions for the KABR policy platform. What do you want to see? (Members)
5:30 - 8:00 p.m. KABR Annual Meeting & Dinner with Industry - Brian Davis, President
Official Voting for
- Policy positions on Legislation
- Strategies and Next Steps
- Elections for Officers and Board of Directors
- 2020 Schedule
Thank you to our industry partners!
Kansas Wine and Spirits Wholesalers Association
Kansas Beer Wholesalers Association
Vendors: Heartland Payment Systems
Boot Hill Distillery